Please note items sent from the UK to EU countries and Worldwide customers will be liable for VAT and Customs Duty in their own country.
VAT is added at checkout for UK & NI.
Item ID: 211195
Cadenhead’s-Benrinnes 25 Year Old.
Bottled July 2013.
Matured in an oak cask.
Wood type bourbon hogshead.
Speyside single malt Scotch whisky
Bottle Size: 70cl
Limited Release: Only 270 bottles produced.
Strength: 53% abv.
Approx.Shipping Weight: 2.0kg
Comments: Please select Description below for more information.
Out of stock
Tasting Notes – Cadenhead’s-Benrinnes 25 Year Old 1988 53%
Sorry not available at present.
Cadenhead’s Scotland’s Oldest Independent Bottlers, Campbeltown.
William Cadenhead Limited, Wine and Spirit Merchants, was founded in 1842 and was in the ownership of the same family until it was taken over by the well known Campbeltown firm of J & A Mitchell & Co. Ltd who own Springbank Distillery.
William Cadenhead passed away in December 1904 and was succeeded in the business of Wine and Spirit Merchants at 47 Netherkirkgate by his nephew Robert W. Duthie, son of Robert Duthie – Superintendent of the Scottish Orphanage in Bombay. He developed what the firm was most famous for, namely single malt Scotch Whisky and Demerara Rum.
In the early 1960s things began to get worse as the administration side of the business was poorly adhered to and several ill-advised business decisions were made.
The business was suffering and in 1972 there was a two-day sale of the entire stock. The catalogue extended to 167 pages and was, to that date, the largest sale of wines and spirits held in Great Britain. The sale took place in London on 3rd and 4th of October 1972 and resulted in a six-figure surplus over liabilities for the firm.
Eventually the premises were sold to J & A Mitchell & Co Ltd, the proprietors of Springbank Distillery.
There are several Cadenhead’s shops not only in Campbeltown, but in Edinburgh, London and several on continental Europe.
Information from Cadenhead’s.
The distillery in Aberlour was originally was built in 1826 by Peter MacKenzie but was destroyed in a flood in 1829 but rebuilt in 1835 by John Innes.
The distillery changed ownership over the years and sold to John Dewar & Sons in 1922 who rebuilt it in 1955 and expanded the distillery.
|Dimensions||14 × 14 × 39 cm|
Drink Awareness Notice
To visit our website you must be over 18 or the legal age of your country or state of residence under the terms and conditions of the Malt Whisky Agency.